I love Starbucks: it’s convenient and consistent. But by choosing a healthier lifestyle, I’ve made a few changes to what I order on a regular basis.
1. Espresso: Cappuccinos and lattes are always a safe bet (no added sugar)
2. Short sizes! They are my favorite when I don’t need too much caffeine. Also if you feel like indulging in a sweeter drink, you can opt for a short instead of a tall and save 1/3 of the calories (8 oz vs 12 oz).
3. Love chai tea lattes? Ask for a full-brewed tea latte with a chai tea bag, no sweetener, instead!
4. I love Lauryn Evarts’ (from the The Skinny Confidential) idea of ordering a grande iced tea with half green tea and half passion fruit tea no sweetener. You get all the great antioxidant properties of green tea with some extra flavor!
5. If you want a little extra zing to your drinks, add some cinnamon or cocoa powder to your coffee.
If you are craving a snack, skip the bakery items and try these options instead:
1. KIND bars: Gluten-free, all natural nut and fruit bars. Yum!
2. Steel cut oatmeal: Whole grain and filling. Just don’t use the brown sugar and portion the amount of dried fruit.
3. Yogurt and fruit
4. Protein boxes: Eat the egg whites and limit the amount of cheese and this serves as a perfect snack.
1.Try a panini/sandwich with turkey instead of ham such as the Turkey Rustico Panini or Turkey & Havarti Sandwich
2.Their salads seem to be a good option. Just be careful with how much dressing you add.
There you have it–some of my “hacks” for making Starbucks a little healthier. Again this is purely my opinion and what works for me but hopefully it encourages some of you to try something different!