Time to step away from those chips and packaged snacks and turn to these veggies instead! The tip to staying healthy and lean is turning to veggies as snacks: they are low in calories, packed with nutrients, and filled with fiber to help you stay full longer.
Here’s a list of five veggies I love to munch on:
1. Sugar snap peas:a good mix of crunchy and sweet. They are great raw or steamed–just pop them in the microwave for a minute!
2. Baby carrots:a staple snack in my diet. Great plain or with a little hummus or peanut butter..mmm.
3. Cherry (plum) tomatoes: So fun to pop these babies in your mouth. I find these great to have around because you can easily add a few into your salad.
4. Bell peppers:I LOVE bell peppers–especially the bright red, orange, yellow ones. Cut them length-wise and pack them in a ziploc bag for a snack on-the-go or buy the mini bell peppers in those little clutches. So cute.
5. Edamame:High in protein and oh so satisfying! However since edamame beans are legumes, they are higher in fat and carbs I would portion how much you eat.
Other great options: celery, cucumbers, broccoli